"PANXWORTH, 9 miles E.N.E. of Norwich, is a small village and parish, containing 141 souls, and about 600A. of land, united with Ranworth, for the support of the poor. J. Kerrison and H.N. Burroughes, Esqrs., own most of the soil, and the former is lord of the manor. The Church (All Saints,) has long been dilapidated, and nothing now remains but the tower, standing in an arable field. The benefice is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6. and has been consolidated with Woodbastwick, since 1699." [William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
Panxworth is also known as Ranworth with Panxworth.
See also Ranworth.
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Blofield, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
- Church of All Saints
- Description and pictures.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Panxworth to another place.
Panxworth is in Walsham Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Walsham Hundred
- Description of Walsham Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Panxworth has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TG347132 (Lat/Lon: 52.665504, 1.470106), Panxworth which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)