Norfolk Poor Law before 1834
Booton Gilbert Union
This included the parishes of Booton and Brandiston
- 1782 - Gilbert's Act allowed parishes to join together and run a workhouse. This was for the old, the sick and the infirm.
- 1786 - Booton Gilbert Union formed containing Booton and Brandiston.
- House of Industry built at Booton.
- 1836 - St. Faith's Poor Law Union formed.
- Booton was dissolved.
- Parishes became part of the St. Faith's Union.
After 1834 these parishes moved as shown :-
Further information can be found:
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.