Flegg (East and West) Incorporation
- 1775 - Flegg (East and West) Incorporation was formed by an Act of Parliament - "1775 Flegg Act".
- 1776/7 - House of Industry at "The Old Court House", Court Road, Rollesby, NR29 5HG, [Map reference is TG456151] and marked Rollesby Court on some maps. Union Farm is a short distance away.
- 1834 - Flegg Incorporation status kept.
- 1845 - Description is in Whites directory under the Flegg Hundreds section.
- 1883 - Description is in Whites directory under the entry for Rollesby.
- 1930 - Incorporation dissolved.
- 1933 - Kelly's directory describes meetings at "The Institution". "Norfolk No 3 Area Guardians Committee" is also mentioned.
Poor Law Records - Images
Online images of some poor law registers, admissions books etc. from 1796 to 1900 are available at the
- Go down the "Historical Record Collections"
- Select Title - "England, Norfolk Poor Law Union Records, 1796-1900"
- Select "Browse through xxx images"
- Under County pick - "Norfolk"
- Under Poor Law Union select the "Required Union"
- Records are under headings such as "District, Workhouse & Unknown etc."
Acts, descriptions, maps, some pictures etc. can be found at :-
www.workhouses.org.uk (The Story of Workhouses).
Further information can be found:
See also the Poor Law page and the Post 1834 Unions page
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.