William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
RIDLINGTON, 4½ miles E. of North Walsham, has in its parish 212 souls, and 600 acres of land, most of which belongs to Martin Shepheard, Esq. About 80A. are titheable to Walcot, and a small portion of the latter pays tithe to this parish.
The CHURCH (St. Peter,) has a square tower, with figures of the evangelists, serving as pinnacles. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £4. 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £210, with East Ruston vicarage annexed to it, in the alternate patronage of Lord and Lady Wodehouse, and the Dean and Canons of Windsor, and incumbency of the Rev. J.W. Flavell.
Aufrere Rev. Geo. John, B.A. Crowe Wm. shoemaker Flavell Rev. John Webb rector Lewis Mr. Thomas Cheney Plummer John vict., Plough Self Joseph cabinet maker and grocer farmers Bacon Reuben Banyer Roberson Colk Robert Cubitt Thomas Howes Robert Nash Samuel
Note: the format of the directory has been changed.
See also the Ridlington parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.