"RINGSTEAD PARVA, or Barret-Ringstead, is a decayed parish, now comprising only one farm, belonging to H.L.S. Le Strange, Esq., and united with the parish of Hunstanton, from which it is distant 2 miles south. Its church has been long in ruins, though its rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £50, is still continued as a senecure, in the patronage of Mr. Le Strange, and incumbency of the Rev. Caleb Elwin." [William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Paul Beesley]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ringstead Parva to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ringstead Parva has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF687399 (Lat/Lon: 52.929706, 0.508718), Ringstead Parva which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)