Norfolk: Ringstead Parva
William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Paul Beesley]
RINGSTEAD PARVA, or Barret-Ringstead, is a decayed parish, now comprising only one farm, belonging to H.L.S. Le Strange, Esq., and united with the parish of Hunstanton, from which it is distant 2 miles south.
Its church has been long in ruins, though its rectory, valued in the King's Book at £3 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £50, is still continued as a senecure, in the patronage of Mr. Le Strange, and incumbency of the Rev. Caleb Elwin.
The farm is occupied by Martin Dodman.
See also the Ringstead Parva parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.