Norfolk: Roudham


William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845

[Transcription copyright © Pamela Littlefair]

ROUDHAM parish, 2½ miles W. of East Harling, has only 85 souls, and 2025 acres of sandy land, in two farms, occupied by James Hovell Limmer and John Brooks. One house and 110A. of the soil belong to H.D. Hemsworth, Esq., and the rest belongs to Sir. J.S. Sebright, Bart., the lord of the manor, and patron of the vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £4. 16s. 5½d., and now enjoyed by the Rev. Thos. Currie, B.A., of Bridgham, where the inhabitants attend the church, their own Church (St. Andrew) being destroyed by fire more than a century ago, though some of its ruined walls are still standing.

See also the Roudham parish page.

These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.

Copyright © Pat Newby.
July 1999