William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1883
[Transcription copyright © Juanita Hadwin]
ROXHAM parish, 4 miles S. by E. of Downham, is in Downham union, county court district, and polling district of West Norfolk, Lynn bankruptcy district, Clackclose hundred and petty sessional division, Fincham rural deanery, and Norfolk archdeaconry. It had 23 inhabitants in 1881, living on 591 acres of land, and has a rateable value of £800. The soil belongs to E.R.M. Pratt, Esq.
The CHURCH went to decay several centuries ago, when its perpetual curacy was consolidated with Royston [sic, should be Ryston]. Here are still some traces of a moat, which anciently encompassed a house, called Walpole House.
POST from Downham, which is the nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office. Fordham is the nearest Railway Station.
Wilson William farmer Woodward George farmer
See also the Roxham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.