Norfolk: Little Ryburgh
William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
RYBURGH-PARVA, 3 miles E.S.E. of Fakenham, on the east side of the Wensum, has in its parish 176 souls, and 873 acres of land, mostly the property of Edmond Wodehouse, Esq., M.P., the lord of the manor, impropriator, and patron of the vicarage, valued in the King's Book at £7 13s. 4d., and augmented with £200 given by the Rev. F. Burton, 1749, and £400 of Queen Anne's Bounty, in 1747 and '50. It is consolidated with the rectory of Ryburgh Magna, and at the enclosure, in 1808, it received 66A. in lieu of the vicarial tithes.
The CHURCH (All Saints,) is an ivy mantled ruin.
Little Clipston Farm, in this parish, belongs to Mr. John Francis, of Twyford, and is occupied by the Rev. Pp. Francis, of Stibbard.
The residents are,
Watson Mark beer seller Stamp Robt. bricklayer Leveritt Henry blacksmith farmers Lake Peter Marshall John Mitchell Sarah Watson Chas.
The Fuel Allotment, 13A., was awarded to the poor in 1810.
See also the Little Ryburgh parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.