Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
SCARNING, a village 19½ miles W. by N. of Norwich, and 3½ miles W. by S. of East Dereham. The parish comprises 3873 acres, and contained, in 1841, 613 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Carson Rev. Thomas Cross Geo. carpenter & beer retailer Girling Rev. William Greengrass George grocery dealer Haines James beer retailer Riches Rt. master of Free school Tuck Susan 'Black Horse' Tuck William wheelwright and blacksmith Farmers. Allison Robert Riches Jesse Bayes May Riches Thomas Cordy Mary Rosier Samuel Cordy William Rumble William Dunthorn Edward Sharman Peter John Fuller James Taylor Robert Fuller Robert Vassar William Godwin John Warner James Hastings John Wilson William Mann John Youngs John Mason John Youngs Thomas Neale James
See also the Scarning parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.