Norfolk: Sco Ruston
William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
SCO-RUSTON, or South Ruston, 5 miles S. of North Walsham, has in its parish 115 souls, and 482 acres of land, mostly the property of Sir T.H.E. Durrant, the Rev. T. Mack, and Mr. Thomas Wells.
The CHURCH (St. Michael,) is a small antique fabric, which was formerly larger, and had a tower, of which there are still some ivy-mantled ruins. The living is a curacy, consolidated with Tunstead vicarage, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. Thomas Mack, M.A.
The Poor's Allotment, 1A. 3R. 8P., was awarded at the enclosure, in 1820. The tithes were commuted in 1841, for £135 per annum to the impropriator; and £52. 10s. to the incumbent.
Betts Benjamin farmer Wells Thomas maltster and owner Wiseman David farmer
See also the Sco Ruston parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.