William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
SHARRINGTON, 3 miles W.S.W. of Holt, has in its parish 229 souls, and 831 acres of land, mostly belonging to Sir R.P. Jodrell, the lord of the manor and patron of the rectory, which is valued in the King's Book at £10, and consolidated with Saxlingham. The tithes here were commuted, in 1842, for £300 per annum.
The Church (All Saints,) is an ancient fabric, which formerly had aisles. At the junction of the three roads, are the remains of an ancient cross. The common was enclosed in 1796. The poor have the interest of £40, left by Chpr. Ringer and Mrs. Daubney.
Davy John vict., Chequers May Henry shoemaker Turner John beerhouse farmers. Arnold Wm. Bangay Wm. Marner Wm. Moy Jonathan West Thos.
See also the Sharrington parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.