Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
SMALLBURGH, a village 5½ miles S.E. of North Walsham, and 12 miles N.E. of Norwich. The parish comprises an area of 1247 acres, and the population in 1841 was 634. Post Office, at John Watts's. Letters delivered at 10 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts at 3 p.m.
Abigall John 'Crown' (and joiner) Abigall John, jun. baker Atler Mr. Richard Brooks Christopher shoemaker Burr Mrs. -- Clipperton John blacksmith Deyns William farmer Dix John surgeon Gilbert Charles commercial clerk Harris Timothy painter, glazier, &c. Howse John wheelwright Ireland John grocer and draper Jay John farmer Knights Eli miller Knights John carrier Lacy William glover Leatherdale Rev. John (curate) Long George shoemaker Mileham Thomas beer retailer Neave Edward blacksmith Postle John farmer Postle William farmer Pratt Robert tailor Shepherd Benj. painter, glazier, &c. Smith Washington master of workhouse & superintendent registrar Trory Richard shoemaker Witby Mary national school
CARRIER to Norwich, Knights Wed. & Sat. 6 morn.
See also the Smallburgh parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.