William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
SPIXWORTH, 4 miles N. by E. of Norwich, has only 52 souls and 2009 acres of land, belonging to John Longe, Esq., the lord of the manor, who resides at the Hall, a large mansion, in an extensive and well-wooded park. He is also patron of the Church (St. Peter,) which has several memorials of his family, and two ancient recumbent effigies of Wm. Peck and his wife.
The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6, and now enjoyed by the Rev. George Howes. The glebe is 7A. 2R. 15P., and the tithes have been commuted for £306 per annum.
Longe John, Esq. Hall
Howes Rev. George Rectory
Broughton John blacksmith
Holmes Benjamin, jun.
See also the Spixworth parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.