"STANFIELD, on the Fakenham road, 5½ miles N.W. by N. of East Dereham, has in its parish 259 souls, and 926A. 3R. 12P. of land, belonging to the Rev. Robt. Hankinson, and a few smaller owners. The Church, (St. Margaret,) is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6. 14s. 2d., and in 1831, at £245. It is in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. James Royle, who built the present commodious Rectory House. The glebe is about 20A. " [William White History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
- Mid-Norfolk Family History Society
- St Margaret's Church, Stanfield: Memorial Inscriptions.
[Mid-Norfolk Family History Society, 1998]
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Cemeteries
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Brisley, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Margaret.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stanfield to another place.
Stanfield is in Launditch Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Launditch Hundred
- Description of Launditch Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Stanfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF937208 (Lat/Lon: 52.750113, 0.869205), Stanfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)