Norfolk: Stoke Holy Cross
Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
STOKE HOLY CROSS, a village 5 miles S. of Norwich. The parish comprises an area of 1603 acres, and the population in 1841 was 453. Post-Office at William Horne's. Letters delivered at 9 a.m. and despatched to Norwich and all parts at 4.30 p.m.
Bailey Rev. John Balls William 'The Lion' Barnes Fiddy gardener Birkbeck Henry, Esq. Colman Jerh. and James mustard and starch manfrs. seed crushers & millers (& College hill, London) Horne Wm. shoemaker & grocer Huggins John 'Rummer Inn' Lincoln Robert bricklayer Norman Mr. Robert Pearce Robert blacksmith Whitaker John lime burner Wilgress John wheelwright Farmers. Burwood Edward Hurn Matthew Cooper Henry Leech John Dix Thomas Minns Jacob Drake William Press Edward Edwards John (and road Purdy Robert surveyor) Sayer James Huggins Charles Seaman John
See also the Stoke Holy Cross parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.