"TATTERFORD, a small parish in the vale of the Wensum, 4 miles W.S.W. of Fakenham, has only 59 souls, and 960 acres of land, belonging to Sir Chas. Chad, Bart., the patron of the rectory, valued in the King's Book at £11 1s. 8d., and united to that of Tattersett. The tithes here were commuted in 1839 for £194 1s. 3d. per annum. The CHURCH (St. Margaret,) is a small antique fabric." [William White History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Burnham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to St Margaret.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tatterford to another place.
Tatterford is in Gallow Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Gallow Hundred
- Description of Gallow Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Tatterford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF866284 (Lat/Lon: 52.820971, 0.768526), Tatterford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- See Norfolk People and Families