William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
THEMELTHORPE, a small scattered village, on an eminence, 3 miles W.N.W. of Reepham, has in its parish 94 souls, and 625A. 3R. 23P. of land, mostly belonging to S. Leeds, Esq., Sir R.P. Jodrell, and Lord Hastings. The latter is lord of the manor, (fine certain,) and patron of the Church (St. Andrew,) which is a rectory, valued in the King's Book at £4. 2s. 8d., and consolidated with that of Bintree, in the incumbency of the Rev. Augustus Dashwood. The glebe here is 19A. 1R., and the tithes of this parish were commuted, in 1841, for £135 per annum. (See Bintree, page 346.)
Themelthorpe Common was enclosed in 1811, and is mostly in Foulsham parish.
Burton Jph. vict. Fox and Hounds farmers Ames Wm. Craske Thomas Jarvis John Riches Joseph Riches Francis Wagg Robert Yarham Benj. and Robert
See also the Themelthorpe parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.