William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845THRIGBY is a hamlet and parish, 7 miles N.W. of Yarmouth, containing only 53 souls, and 575 acres of land, of which 224A. 3R. 5P. belong to the poor of Yarmouth, by the bequest of the Rev. Edw. Warnes, in 1700; and the remainder is the property of Thos. Browne, Esq., the lord of the manor, and patron of the rectory, who resides at the HALL, which he enlarged and beautified about 10 years ago.
The Church (St. Mary) is an ancient structure, and rectory, valued in the King's Book at £6, is enjoyed by the Rev. J. Morton, L.L.B., of Caistor [see note below]. The tithes have been commuted for £212. 13s. per annum.
Browne Thos.. Esq. Hall Hood Robt. corn miller Hood Wm. farmer Skinner John farmer
The format of the directory has been changed.
This is Caister near Yarmouth, not Caistor near Norwich.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
See also the Thrigby parish page.
Copyright © Pat Newby.