Tilney All Saints
"TILNEY ALL SAINTS is a scattered village and parish, with several neat houses, 4 miles W.S.W. of Lynn, containing 441 inhabitants, and about 2,600 acres of land, exclusive of 150 acres of the old bed of the river Ouse. Edward Bagge, Esq., owns a great part of the soil, and is lord of the manor of Tinley-cum-Islington [sic], . . . The Rev. J.H.S. Cary, of Farnham, Surrey, has also a large estate here; the heirs of the late Right Hon. W. Huskisson are lords of Berry manor; and Colonel Moorwood is lord of Kenwick manor; besides which, some other manors extend into this parish. Robert Pitcher, Esq., of Lynn, has an estate here. The CHURCH, dedicated to All Saints, . . . The living is a vicarage, with that of Tilney St. Lawrence annexed to it, valued in the King's Book at £30, and in 1831 at £299. It is now enjoyed by the Rev. Charles Currie, M.A. The advowson, and appropriation of the rectorial tithes, are in Pembroke Hall, Cambridge, by a grant from Edward III., in the 32nd year of his reign. The glebe is 46 acres; and the Church Land 19 acres. The Wesleyans have a chapel here, built in 1843. " [William White History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Lynn Marshland, in the archdeaconry of Norwich.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
- These are not included in Boyd's Marriage Index or Phillimore's Marriage Registers.
- Parish Registers
- Baptisms and Burials
- Archdeacon's Transcripts
- Strays - These are people in Tilney All Saints parish registers who are from another parish.
- Strays in the Baptisms
Strays in the Marriages
Strays in the Burials
- Stallard, Arthur Dudley
- Transcript of the churchwardens' accounts of the parish of Tilney All Saints, Norfolk, 1143 to 1589.
[London, Mitchell Hughes, 1922]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tilney All Saints to another place.
Tilney All Saints is in Freebridge Marshland hundred.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tilney All Saints has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- See Walpole St Peter
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Wisbech Registration District, 1836
- and nearby places.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF568181 (Lat/Lon: 52.737643, 0.320661), Tilney All Saints which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Roll of Honour
- World Wars 1 and 2.