Hunt's Directory of East Norfolk with Part of Suffolk, 1850
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
TIVETSHALL ST. MARY, a village 15 miles S. by W. of Norwich, 5½ miles N. by E. of Diss. The parish comprises 1222 acres, and contained, in 1841, 331 inhabitants; its present residents are:-
Bignold Rev. Frederick
Bond John blacksmith
Burgess James 'Ram'
Gibson Frederick miller
Gowing William blacksmith
Harvey William grocery dealer & wheelwright
Pretty William shoemaker
Thrower Mr. John
West Edward grocery dealer
Andrews John Holmes Robert
Bennett Thomas Land James
Dix George Lee Gryse James [see note]
Gardener John Salter John
Hewitt John Watson Abraham
Hill James Wiseman John
Note: In the original this is
Lee Gryse James
As Le Grys and Le Grice are Norfolk names, this may be a variation.
See also the Tivetshall St Mary
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.