Norfolk: Voting: Norwich Wards
Norwich was split up into Wards for Voting and Registration purposes. The Poll Books which cover the City of Norwich are laid out by wards and then Parishes contained in each.
Taking the Castle as a central point of reference :-
- "Conisford" or "Conesford" indicated by "Con" was the South-East quarter of the City bounded by the city wall and river Wensum.
- "Mancroft" indicated by "Man" was the South-West quarter of the City bounded by the city wall.
- "North" (or "Over the Water" or "The Ward beyond the Water") was north of the river Wensum and bounded by the city wall.
- "Wymer" was the North-West and North-East quarters of the City bounded by the city wall and St. Benedicts Parish to the west, the river Wensum to the North and East but excluding the Cathedral precinct.
- Cathedral precinct or "The Close".
(Key Cath=Cathedral precinct, Con=Conesford, M=Mancroft, N=North, W=Wymer)
- All Saints, St. Etheldred, St. George Tombland (small part), St. John Sepulchre, St. John Timberhill, St. Julian, St. Michael-at-Thorn, St. Peter-per-Mountergate (Parmentergate), St. Peter Southgate, Trowse, Carrow & Bracondale.
- Lakenham, St. Giles, St. Peter Mancroft, St. Stephen.
- St. Augustus (Augustine), St. Clement, St. Edmund, St. George Colegate (Colgate), St. James, St. Martin-at-Oak, St. Martin-at-Palace (small part), St. Mary-at-Coslany (St Mary), St. Michael-at-Coslany, St. Paul, Pockthorp(e) [Hamlet in St James's], St. Saviour.
- St. Andrew, St. Benedict, Earlham, St. George Tombland (most of), St. Gregory, Heigham, St. Helen, St. John Maddermarket, St. Lawrence, St. Margaret, St. Martin-at-Palace (most of), St. Michael-at-Plea, St. Peter Hungate, St. Simon & St. Jude, St. Swithin.
- Cathedral precinct
- St. Mary-in-the-Marsh (The Close &c.)
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Mike Bristow.