"WATERDEN parish, 5 miles S.S.E. of Burnham Market, has only 29 souls, and 763 acres of land, in one farm, belonging to the Earl of Leicester, and occupied by Charles Wm. Hill. The CHURCH (All Saints,) is a small edifice, embowered in trees, without either bell or tower. The rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5 6s. 8d., is consolidated with that of Warham St. Mary. " [William White, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk (1845) - Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
- In 1883 the parish was in the Deanery of Burnham, in the archdeaconry of Norfolk.
It could have been in a different deanery or archdeaconry both before and after this date.
- The parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
- Archdeacons' Transcripts
- Baptisms 1778-1810, Marriages 1778-1811 and Burials 1781-1809.
[Parish Register Transcription Society, Dart Series, 2000?]
- Waterden Marriages 1743-1812
- See Phillimore's Marriage Registers, Volume 8.
- Parish Register Transcripts
See also Norfolk Parish Links: Church Records
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Waterden to another place.
Waterden is in Brothercross Hundred.
- Parish outline and location.
- See Parish Map for Brothercross Hundred
- Description of Brothercross Hundred
- 1845: White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk
You can see the administrative areas in which Waterden has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TF888365 (Lat/Lon: 52.892904, 0.805433), Waterden which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)