William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1864
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
The description of the parish has not been transcribed because it is similiar to that in White's Directories for 1845 and 1883.
These are the names in the text that are not included in the list of residents and tradespeople, below:
Cuddon James, Esq. Johnson Mrs. Johnson Rev. John Barham, M.A. Onley O.S., Esq.
There are memorials in the church to the Tinkler family.
This is the list of the tradespeople and the most prominent residents.
Green Hy. shopr. Howe Edward blacksmith Johnson Rev. John B., M.A. Rectory Neve William bricklayer & vict. Horse shoe Porrett Mr Jame [sic] Smalls Fras. shopkeeper & bricklayer Smith Rev. Granville, B.A. curate Stibbard Sophia schoolmistress FARMERS. (* are Owners.) Balls Henry Hall Robert * Colls John Holland Robert Cobon Charles G. * Porrett Richard * Green Charles Sendall Elizabeth WHEELWRIGHTS. Norton Leonard Porrett Samuel
See also the Welborne parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.