William White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Norfolk 1845
[Transcription copyright © Pat Newby]
WRAMPLINGHAM, a parish and scattered village, on the Yare, 3 miles N. by E. of Wymondam [sic], has 236 souls, and 830A. of land, belonging to several owners, the largest of whom are E. Lombe, Esq., (lord of the manor,) The Rev. J.S. Cann, and the Farrer and Fisher families.
The Church (St. Peter and St. Paul,) has lately been thoroughly repaired, and has a tower, round at the base and sexangular above. The rectory, valued in the King's Book at £5. 4s. 9½d., and in 1831, at £294, is in the gift of Robt. Marsham, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Edwd. Marsham, M.A., of Sculthorpe.
Brighty Jacob blacksmith and vict., King's Head Cann Rev. John Stephen curate Farrer Mrs. Sophia Fisher George carpenter Howe John shopkeeper Sayer Shadrach miller to the Exors. of late Thomas Farrer Sayer David miller farmers Cullyer John, Wm., and George Fisher Jph. and Thomas Hubbard James Ringer John Woods Eliz.
See also the Wramplingham parish page.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.