Harleston United Reform Church, Harleston, Congregational
Harleston United Reform Church,
It was founded in 1706. This is also known as "Harleston Meeting House". More information is in
"Two Sermons on Churches and Church-Membership, with an introductory Letter"
By Bernard Bolingbroke WOODWARD (Copy at books.google.co.uk)
Closed in 1750's and reopened in 1773. Rebuilt in 1886 (on same site).
In 1972 the Congregational church joined with the English Presbyterian church to become the United Reformed Church. Some Congregational churches though did not take this path and became members of the Congregational Federation.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)