Norfolk Politics and Government
Norfolk Constituencies of the House of Commons
- Norfolk Constituencies
- There were constituencies not only for the county of Norfolk, but also for the city of Norwich, and for King's Lynn, Thetford, and Yarmouth. Until 1832, Castle Rising also returned two MPs.
- Background and history including divisions, numbers of MPs, parliamentary reform and ballot acts, polling places, etc.
- Constituencies and MPs, as described in Norfolk directories.
- White's 1845 Directory
White's 1883 Directory
Kelly's 1896 Directory
Kelly's 1933 Directory
Norfolk Members of Parliament, or Knights of the Shire
- Members of Parliament for all Constituencies in Norfolk
- Names of Norfolk MPs, from 1836 to 1933.
This covers MPs for the county of Norfolk, Norwich, King's Lynn, Thetford, and Yarmouth.
- Members of Parliament for the County of Norfolk Constituencies only
- Names of Norfolk MPs, from 1540 to 1837.
This excludes the constituencies of Norwich, King's Lynn, Thetford, Yarmouth, and Castle Rising.
- Selected Members of Parliament of the whole House of Commons. Please search for Norfolk MPs.
- MPs 1700-1820
Including Norfolk MP Robert Walpole.
Including Norfolk MPs Thomas Creevey and Edward Stanley.
Including Norfolk MPs Joseph Arch and Noel Buxton.
Including Norfolk MP Dorothy Jewson.
Norfolk Voting Registers
- Norfolk Voting Registers
- Including poll books, election registers, etc, and the various divisions in which elections were held.
See also Genuki England Politics and Government.
These pages are for personal use only. They may not be copied, and the links within them may not be harvested for use on your own web pages. Please see the Copyright Notice.
Copyright © Pat Newby.