Old Meeting House, Great Yarmouth, Unitarian
Old Meeting House,
Unitarian Church-Gaol Street-Middlegate (site),
It was founded in 1644 with meetings held in the Priory. A Meeting House was built in Middlegate Street in 1673 for the Congregational Church. New Meeting House built in Gaol Street in 1733 (demolished 1869). It closed in 1845. Congregation was now Unitarian and moved to a new building built to replace 1673 one. For details after 1845 see "Old Meeting Unitarian Church" page.
See Great Yarmouth Unitarians under history for more information.
Unitarians believe in the Unity or unipersonality of God, as opposed to the doctrine of the Trinity - hence the name 'Unitarian'. Unitarianism only became legal in 1813 but was particularly influential in the 19th century.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)