1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"ACHURCH, (or Thorpe Achurch) a parish in the hundred of Navisford, county Northampton, 4 miles N.E. of Thrapston, its post town, and 3 S.W. of Oundle. It is a station on the Peterborough and Northampton railway. The living is a rectory* with the vicarage of Lilford annexed, in the diocese of Peterborough, value £420. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, contains monuments of the Elmes, Powys, and other families. The parochial charities produce about £15 per annum.