Aldwinkle St Peters
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"ALDWINKLE ST. PETER'S, a parish in the hundred of Huxloe, in the county of Northampton, 4 miles NE. of Thrapston. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough, value £230, in the patronage of Lord Lilford, of Lilford Hall. This parish has a share in the charities of Aldwinkle All Saints. The river Nen, on which the village is situated, communicates with the Northampton canal, and is navigable to the ocean. Thomas Fuller, author of the "Church History," and "History of the Worthies of England," was born here in 1608, his father, the Rev. T. Fuller, at that time holding the rectory. Aldwinkle House is the seat of the Hon. and Rev. F. Powys. Here are ruins of a structure called Liveden, built by the Treshams which is in the form of a cross, and has some interesting sculpture."