1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"BRAFIELD, (or Brayfield On The Green), a parish in the hundred of Wymersley, in the county of Northampton, 5 miles to the E. of Northampton. The Northampton and Peterborough branch of the London and North-Western railway passes near it. The living is a vicarage united with that of Little Houghton, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence. There are some charitable endowments for the benefit of the poor, amounting to £16 a year.