1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"BRAMPTON, a parish in the hundred of Corby, in the county of Northampton, 6 miles to the S.W. of Rockingham. Market Harborough is its post town. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, of the value of £400, in the patronage of Earl Spencer. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, contains two monumental brasses. The parochial charities amount to £6 a year. The rectory of this parish was once held by Bishop Cumberland."