The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BRAMPTON-CHURCH, a parish in the hundred of Nobottle-Grove, in the county of Northampton, close to Brampton-Chapel. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, of the value of £346, in the patronage of the President and Fellows of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church, which is partly in the perpendicular and partly in the decorated style, is dedicated to St. Botolph. It contains a round font, and had formerly a rood-loft. The parochial charities are worth £6 a year. The chief residence is Brampton Lodge."