The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"COTTESBROOK, a parish in the hundred of Guilsborough, in the county of Northampton, 7 miles S. E. of Welford, and 9 N. of Northampton. It was formerly a cell to Sulby Abbey, founded in the 12th century by William de Widvile for monks of the Premonstratensian order. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £400, the patronage of Sir J. Langham, who is lord of the manor. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Here is a hospital for two widowers and six widows, which was founded and endowed with 53 acres of land in 1651. There is a parochial school."