The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"DODDINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Willybrook, in the county of Northampton, 5 miles S.W. of Stamford, its railway station and post-town. It is situated on the river Welland, which separates it from the county of Rutland. The county is hilly and well wooded, chiefly oak and ash. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £115, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an ancient stone structure, and has a square tower with small spire. The charities amount to £18 per annum, £10 of which goes to Jackson's free-school. The Independents have a chapel here, and there is a free school with a small endowment. George Monekton, Esq., is lord of the manor."