1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"EASTON, a parish in the hundred of Willybrook, county Northampton, 2½ miles S.W. of Stamford, its post town and railway station. It is situated on high ground near the river Welland, and contains several quarries of building stone and slate. The tithes were commuted for land and a corn-rent under an Enclosure Act in 1817. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £440, in the patronage of the Marquis of Exeter, who is lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient stone structure, with tower and four bells. The Wesleyan Methodists have a chapel, and there is an endowed school for fourteen boys and six girls. The parochial charities produce about £150 per annum, of which £82 belong to Gonford's school. The principal residence is Easton Hall."