1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
by Colin Hinson ©2013
"ALTHORPE, (or Althorpe Park), an extra-parochial district, in the hundred of Nobottle Grove, in the county of Northampton, 7 miles N. W. of Northampton. It now contains only the noble mansion of Earl Spencer, situated on the road to Ruby.
"BARFORD, an extra-parochial liberty in the hundred of Rothwell, in the county of Northampton, adjoining the parish of Glendon."
"BOROUGH FEN, (or Borough Fen Ville), an extra-parochial district in the liberty of Peterborough, in the county of Northampton, 5 miles to the N. of Peterborough. It comprises an area of about 3,130 acres of very valuable grass and arable land, the property of Sir Culling E. Eardley, Bart., and lies on the north side of the parish of Newborough.
"CROSSWAYHAND LODGE, an extra-parochial place in the parish of Southwick, in the county of Northampton, 2½ miles N.W. of Oundle."
"FINESHADE VILLE, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Corby, county Northampton, 7 miles S.E. of Uppingham, and 8 N.W. of Oundle, its post town. It is situated in the vicinity of the river Welland. A monastery of Austin friars once stood here, which, at the Dissolution, was given to the Russell family. Here is a church, the living of which is a donative curacy in the diocese of Peterborough, value £342. Fineshade Abbey,' a seat built on the site of the ancient priory, is the principal residence."
"HARTWELL LODGE, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Cleley, county Northampton."
"HIGHAM PARK, an extra parochial place, in the hundred of Higham Ferrers, county Northampton, 3 miles S.E. of Higham Ferrers."
"MAWSLEY, an extra parochial place adjoining the chapelry of Faxton, county Northampton, 3 miles S. of Rothwell."
"MINSTER-CLOSE-PRECINCTS, an extra parochial place in the city of Peterborough, county Northampton. See Peterborough."
"MOORHAY-LODGE, an extra parochial liberty in the parish of Apethorpe, county Northampton, 4 miles N.W. of Oundle. It is situated in Rockingham Forest."
"MOULTON-PARK, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Spelhoe, county Northampton, 2 miles S.W. of Moulton."
"PIPEWELL, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 6 miles N. W. of Kettering. Here was formerly a Cistercian Abbey, founded in 1143 by William de Boutevylein, which at the Dissolution had a revenue of £347 8s."
"SALCEY-LODGE, an extra parochial place in the parishes of Grafton Regis and Hartwell, hundred of Cleley, county Northampton, 6 miles S.E. of Northampton. It is the seat of the Duke of Grafton, situated in the honour of Grafton and Salcey Forest, which latter comprises about 1,847 acres in 4 walks. The government of the forest is vested in a warden, deputy-warden, surveyor, two verderers, three yeomen keepers, and a woodward. It contains an oak measuring 47 feet in circumference. The forest, which contains about 1,000 head of deer, has 1,121 acres enclosed for navy timber."
"SPA LODGE, an extra parochial place, adjoining the parish of King's Cliffe, county Northampton."
"STONETON HOUSE, an extra parochial place in the parish of Chipping Warden, county Northampton, 8 miles S.W. of Daventry."
"SULBY, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 10 miles W. of Rothwell, and 6 S.W. of Harborough. It is situated on the river Avon, and had a Premonstratensian abbey, founded by Robert de Quercet, Bishop of Lincoln, in 1155, and its revenue at the Dissolution was estimated at £305 8s. 5d., when the site was given to the Hattons. Sulby Hall has a gallery of paintings by Flemish masters."
"SULEHAY WALK AND LODGE, an extra parochial place in the parish of Yarwell, county Northampton, 5 miles N.E. of Oundle. It was formerly comprised in Kingscliffe forest."
"THORPE-LUBBENHAM, an extra parochial place in the hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 2 miles S.W. of Market-Harborough, on the river Welland."
"TOWN PART, an extra parochial place in the borough and county of Northampton."