The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"FLOORE, a parish in the hundred of Nobottle Grove, county Northampton, 5 miles S.E. of Daventry, and 1 mile E. of Weedon, its post town and railway station on the London and North-Western line. It is situated on the turnpike road between Northampton and Daventry, a short distance from the Grand Junction canal. The river Nen flows through the parish, which includes the hamlet of Glassthorpe. This place is mentioned in Domesday Book under the name of Flora. The surface is generally flat, and the soil a deep rich loam resting on gravel alternating with clay. Two-thirds of the land is arable, the rest pasture. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough, value £467, in the patronage of Christ Church, Oxford. The church is a structure of the 11th century, with later additions. It is dedicated to All Saints, and has one brass of 1450. The charities, including a small school endowment, produce about £36 per annum. The Independents have a chapel, and there are two schools. Floore House is the principal residence."