The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"GREAT ADDINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Huxloe, in the county of Northampton, 4 miles to the S.W. of Thrapston, and 1 from Woodford, near a railway station. It is situated on the river Nen, and the Northampton and Peterborough railway passes through it. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £420, in the patronage of Mrs. Clay. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Addington House is the principal residence.