The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"GREAT HARROWDEN, a parish in the hundred of Orlingbury, county Northampton, 2 miles N. of Wellingborough, and 5 from Kettering. This was formerly the seat of the Vaux and Knolles families. The village, which is small, is wholly agricultural. The living is a vicarage,* value with that of Little Harrowden, £475. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a small stone and brick building, with a square tower containing a clock and three bells. There are almshouses and a free school, supposed to have been founded by the Wentworth family, earls Fitzwilliam.