Hide

Great Houghton

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

"GREAT HOUGHTON, a parish in the hundred of Wymersley, county Northampton, 2 miles S.E. of Northampton. The village, which is small and wholly agricultural, is situated near the river Nen. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £538, in the patronage of Magdalen College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a modern structure with a spire. The charities produce about £5 per annum.