1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"LITTLE BOWDEN, a parish in the hundred of Rothwell, in the county of Northampton, close to Market Harborough. The south-east branch of the Midland railway passes through it. The parish contains the hamlet of Little Oxenden. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough, of the value of £293, in the patronage of the Rev. T. Barlow, rector. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The parochial charities, consisting of the town estate, worth £72 per annum, and an endowment for a school, amount to about £76. In the vicinity is Bowden Lodge.
"LITTLE OXENDON, a hamlet in the parish of Little Bowden, hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 1 mile from Great Oxendon, and 2 miles S. by W. of Market Harborough. There was formerly a chapel-of-ease, but no traces of it now remain.