The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LITTLE HARROWDEN, a parish in the hundred of Orlingbury, county Northampton, 1 mile N.W. of Great Harrowden, and 3 miles N.W. of Wellingborough. This village is much more considerable than that of Great Harrowden. The living is a vicarage annexed to Great Harrowden. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a small structure of stone and brick, overgrown with ivy, and having a Norman doorway on the S. side. It has a square tower containing four bells and a modern clock. The interior has been recently renovated. The Wesleyans have a chapel and there is a free grammar school. The charities produce £83 per annum, including Aylworth's bequest for the school.