The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"MIDDLETON-MALZOR, (or Milton), a parish in the hundred of Wymersley, county Northampton, 3½ miles S.W. of Northampton, its post town. The parish, which is small, is situated on the canal, and near the line of the Northampton railway. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £340. The church, dedicated to the Holy Cross, is a neat structure with a spired tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £52 per annum. There is an infant school, also a place of worship for the Baptists. Blake, Esq., is lord of the manor.