The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"MILTON-MAZOR, (or Middleton Malsor), a parish in the hundred of Wymersley, county Northampton, 3½ miles S.W. of Northampton, its post town, and half a mile from the Blisworth station of the Birmingham and London railway. The parish, which is of small extent, is situated on the Northampton and Oxford road, and on the Northampton section of the Grand Junction canal. It is wholly agricultural, except a few persons employed in the shoe trade. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1780. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £340. The church, dedicated' to the Holy Cross, has a spired tower containing five bells. The parochial charities produce about £52 per annum. There is an infant school and a chapel for the Baptists. Blake, Esq., is lord of the manor.