Nassington With Yarwell
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"NASSINGTON WITH YARWELL, a parish in the hundred of Willybrook, county Northampton, 2; miles S.W. of Wansford, its post town, and 5½ N. of Oundle. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the Peterborough railway and the river Nen. It is chiefly agricultural. The appropriation belongs to the Prebendary of Nassington, in the cathedral of Lincoln. The living is a vicarage* with the curacy of Yarwell annexed, in the diocese of Peterborough, value £400, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is a neat structure, dedicated to St. Mary. The parochial charities produce about £31 per annum. There is a National school. The Wesleyans and Independents have each a place of worship. The Earl of Westmoreland is lord of the manor."