Newton In The Willows
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"NEWTON-IN-THE-WILLOWS, a parish in the hundred of Corby, county Northampton, 1 mile from Geddington, and 3½ miles N. by E. of Kettering, its post town. The village is wholly agricultural, and of small extent. The parish is traversed by the roads from Stamford and Uppingham to Kettering. Limestone is quarried. This place anciently belonged to Pipewell Abbey, and formed part of the parish of Geddington. The living is a donative curacy in the diocese of Peterborough, value £40. The church, dedicated to St. Faith, is a very ancient edifice, with a spired tower of more recent date. The Duke of Buccleuch is lord of the manor."