The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"QUINTIN, a parish in the hundred of Wymersley, county Northampton, 4½ miles S.E. of Northampton, its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is wholly agricultural. Land was assigned in lieu of tithes under an Enclosure Act in 1814. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Peterborough, value £295. The church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, has a tower containing two bells. The Rev. Sir H. J. Gunning is lord of the manor."