St Mary In Arden
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"ST. MARY-IN-ARDEN, a parish partly in the hundred of Gartree, county Leicester, and partly in the hundred of Rothwell, county Northampton, 1 mile E. of Market Harborough. It is situated on the Union canal, near the bridge on the river Welland, and may be considered a suburb of Market Harborough. The living is a perpetual curacy in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ Church) Oxford. In 1613 the rites of baptism, marriage, &c., were transferred from the ancient church of St. Mary-in-Arden to the church of St. Dionysius, at Market Harborough, but the burial-ground is still used.