"STANION, a parish in the hundred of Corby, county Northampton, 4¾ miles S.E. of Rockingham, and 6 N.E. of Kettering. Thrapstone is its post town. The village, which is of small extent, is situated on the river Nen, and is wholly agricultural. The living is a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Brigstock, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. There is a free school. The Earl of Cardigan is lord of the manor."[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868). Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stanion to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stanion has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP913866 (Lat/Lon: 52.46968, -0.657591), Stanion which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)